Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring Libraries on migration assitant.

Sorry if this may be confusing.

So my new Mac, I transferred files from a old Mac back up to my new one using migration assistant.

Afterwards, I saw several files still missing.

I tried again, and it was like wiping and starting the computer from scratch again when the USER option was selected in Migration assistant.

I can select sub folders that may have the files I need in the USER section.

But my question is, if I select say Libraries only under the USER and nothing else, will it wipe all my user info onn my Mac , and have to start my computer from scratch again, or will the libraries folder download onto my Mac without wiping anything?

Mac Pro, macOS 11.4

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 4:28 AM

Tylorplas20 wrote:

So my new Mac, I transferred files from a old Mac back up to my new one using migration assistant.
I tried again, and it was like wiping and starting the computer from scratch again when the USER option was selected in Migration assistant.
But my question is, if I select say Libraries only under the USER and nothing else, will it wipe all my user info onn my Mac , and have to start my computer from scratch again, or will the libraries folder download onto my Mac without wiping anything?

You do not clarify what exact "several files missing"...(?)

You do not say what was the old Mac and the old macOS you are running..?

What is the new Mac and the new macOS..?

There may be some clues in answering these queries

How to move your content to a new Mac https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204350

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2021 4:28 AM in response to Tylorplas20

Tylorplas20 wrote:

You do not clarify what exact "several files missing"...(?)

You do not say what was the old Mac and the old macOS you are running..?

What is the new Mac and the new macOS..?

There may be some clues in answering these queries

How to move your content to a new Mac https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204350

Transferring Libraries on migration assitant.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.