Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not backing up completely

so i’m planning to change my iPhone but i don’t have it yet. i’m going to sell this one first before buying the new one. i’m told by apple offline staffs that i can backup my data using iCloud so i bought the 200GB storage.

my current storage is used 170GB out of 256GB available. last night i clicked backup and i checked all of it “locked, charged, and wifi connected” to continue iCloud backup. it managed to reach 115GB backed up before it’s stuck and i had to work so the wifi connection was lost.

once i’m back home. the backup is restarting again as it said “network error” so i started again from zero and it’s almost complete. but, it shows only less than 40GB backed up although i have 170GB+ data? where is my other data? please help.

and yes. i’ve checked all the apps, and photos, icloud photos, icloud drive, EVERYTHING. ON. and i don’t know why its only partially backing up my data. please help.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 11:33 PM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2021 8:03 AM in response to jonathanxchristian

Hello there jonathanxchristian,

I understand you're looking for help with iCloud backups as well as iCloud Photos, so let's see how we can clear this up.

For help with determining what is taking up your iCloud storage, let's get started by checking what the backups include as well as which app is using the storage of iCloud. For help with this, take a look at the section labeled "Reduce the size of your iCloud Backup" of the following resource for the steps to locate this information:

Manage your iCloud storage

As for the iCloud storage not reflecting the same as what is shown via your iPhone storage, some information may not backup if it is saved with a login for apps on your iPhone. In addition to this, you'll want to be sure the iPhone has a good Wi-Fi connection and plenty of time if you are looking to backup 170 GB to iCloud as the time estimated can vary. If you notice that you're still having an issue with backing up to iCloud, check out the suggestions via the following resource:

If you can't back up to iCloud

If you still see that you're unable to backup accordingly, or unable to locate what is backing up then it would be best to Contact Apple Support directly for help with this.

Have a great day!

iCloud not backing up completely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.