Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

iCloud backup won’t complete on my iPad

iCloud backup won’t complete on my iPad. Error message says last backup could not be completed because of poor network conditions. Speed test shows >600 mbps. All other functions/apps are connected to Wi-Fi—only connection to iCloud functions have poor network connection. I have restarted my X-fi gateway, have restarted my iPad, have reset network settings. I erased all settings on my iPad and set up as new iPad and when trying to do backup, got the same error message.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 12:33 PM

“Poor network conditions” are usually due to factors beyond your immediate control. You may be experiencing poor network throughput on your WiFi network and/or internet connection - between you and Apple’s regional backup servers - over which you have absolutely no control over traffic routing.

A “speed test” App, while perhaps generally indicative that you have a good internet connection with your ISP, is not necessarily a reliable measurement tool; your test will not be measuring the connection to Apple’s servers.

Other than finding another WiFi network or internet connection, you may have no alternative other than to wait until later.

You may find that a restart of your WiFi/internet router will resolve the issue. To restart your router, disconnect power from the router for at least 30 seconds - then reconnect power to restart. After your router reboots (which may take several minutes), force restart your iPad:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/8e8e7129-4857-404a-8376-c139783a07cb

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 12:33 PM in response to IamNadine

“Poor network conditions” are usually due to factors beyond your immediate control. You may be experiencing poor network throughput on your WiFi network and/or internet connection - between you and Apple’s regional backup servers - over which you have absolutely no control over traffic routing.

A “speed test” App, while perhaps generally indicative that you have a good internet connection with your ISP, is not necessarily a reliable measurement tool; your test will not be measuring the connection to Apple’s servers.

Other than finding another WiFi network or internet connection, you may have no alternative other than to wait until later.

You may find that a restart of your WiFi/internet router will resolve the issue. To restart your router, disconnect power from the router for at least 30 seconds - then reconnect power to restart. After your router reboots (which may take several minutes), force restart your iPad:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/8e8e7129-4857-404a-8376-c139783a07cb

Jul 26, 2023 1:00 PM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you for the steps suggested for troubleshooting my issue. I have completed each of those steps with no resolution of the issue. It is interesting that my iPhone completes backups without issue and the two devices are side by side in the same room as the modem. It does appear that my iPad is not able to connect to the iCloud server, but my iPhone is able to. Maybe irrelevant info, but interesting nonetheless.

Thanks again

iCloud backup won’t complete on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.