Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad is asking for a 6 digit code that I never set up

My ipad is asking for a 6 digit code and I never set one up. It may have happened after the latest update (15) but I am not sure.

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 9:50 AM

A passcode cannot be set by the phone itself. It requires you to enter a number sequence, and then you have to verify it by entering it again. Are you sure it is not asking you to create one when you updated? If you created one and cannot remember it, then you will need to restore the iPhone to remove it. See the instructions here, If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2021 9:50 AM in response to Custer106

A passcode cannot be set by the phone itself. It requires you to enter a number sequence, and then you have to verify it by entering it again. Are you sure it is not asking you to create one when you updated? If you created one and cannot remember it, then you will need to restore the iPhone to remove it. See the instructions here, If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

ipad is asking for a 6 digit code that I never set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.