Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 7 doesn't work on tattooed arms.

Hello! On November 28, 2021, I bought an Apple Watch Series 7 as a gift for my husband. But on the watch on his hand the screen was constantly dimming. Requires you to code as if you don't feel your hands. We turned to repair, sent them for diagnostics to find out what the problem was, but we said that everything was fine and no defect was found. But the problems continued. We called the support service and they did not answer anything about the case either. It was only by opening the Internet that we learned that the clock does not work because of a tattoo. Please tell me why, before buying, no one said that they would work poorly because of a tattoo, and absolutely nowhere is it written about it. I am not satisfied with this. The screen is constantly dimming. I believe that Apple should warn that the rights of people with tattoos are being violated with their watches, that the clock will not work as well as for people without a tattoo, that many functions will be disabled, and the rights of people to use the watch will be violated. People with tattoos should know about this before buying, so that later they do not quarrel with the sellers and do not feel deceived! This is a big problem, which for some reason is not heard! I believe that such a large company as Apple should not be silent in such cases, but should honestly admit, so that people know that there may be serious problems in using the Apple Watch 7 series.

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 1:44 PM

Hello! On November 28, 2021, I bought an Apple Watch Series 7 as a gift for my husband. But on the watch on his hand the screen was constantly dimming. Requires you to code as if you don't feel your hands. We turned to repair, sent them for diagnostics to find out what the problem was, but we said that everything was fine and no defect was found. But the problems continued. We called the support service and they did not answer anything about the case either. It was only by opening the Internet that we learned that the clock does not work because of a tattoo. Please tell me why, before buying, no one said that they would work poorly because of a tattoo, and absolutely nowhere is it written about it. I am not satisfied with this. The screen is constantly dimming. I believe that Apple should warn that the rights of people with tattoos are being violated with their watches, that the clock will not work as well as for people without a tattoo, that many functions will be disabled, and the rights of people to use the watch will be violated. People with tattoos should know about this before buying, so that later they do not quarrel with the sellers and do not feel deceived! This is a big problem, which for some reason is not heard! I believe that such a large company as Apple should not be silent in such cases, but should honestly admit, so that people know that there may be serious problems in using the Apple Watch 7 series.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2021 1:44 PM in response to Aleksandra3-

Apple Watch Series 7 doesn't work on tattooed arms.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.