Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey Network Issues

Ever since upgrading to Monterey my MacBook Pro has had network issues. I usually run a wired connection and that stops working every day or so. Then I can switch to wireless and it may work for another day, but then that stops as well. When I try to open Network Preferences, all the services are gone(!) and I have to restart the machine. After reboot, the services are back and I can connect fine again for a day or so.

I haven't been able to find anything in the console but I really have no idea where to look for logs/errors related to networking.

Can someone suggest some trouble shooting steps?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 12:35 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems. No reason the stay in Safe Mode.

If still problem download and run this app so wee can find more information about your installation.

https://etrecheck.com/upgrade

it shows what is launched and other information and is very useful in finding causes of problems. After you first launch the app make sure you check Enable full disk access in the box in lower left.

After running the app use the app's feature to paste to clipboard. The in the text box for a reply in this forum click on the addition text icon. This is because the normal reply text box limits how much you can type.

Paste additional text box image

No personal identifiable information is contained if the app output. The app was written for a person who is contributor to these Apple Support Communities

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2021 12:35 AM in response to mmaaxx

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems. No reason the stay in Safe Mode.

If still problem download and run this app so wee can find more information about your installation.

https://etrecheck.com/upgrade

it shows what is launched and other information and is very useful in finding causes of problems. After you first launch the app make sure you check Enable full disk access in the box in lower left.

After running the app use the app's feature to paste to clipboard. The in the text box for a reply in this forum click on the addition text icon. This is because the normal reply text box limits how much you can type.

Paste additional text box image

No personal identifiable information is contained if the app output. The app was written for a person who is contributor to these Apple Support Communities

Dec 11, 2021 11:59 PM in response to mmaaxx

Hi there! Sorry to hear you are having network issues, based off what you are telling me, this sounds like a software issue rather then a hardware issue. I would first off run a troubleshooter using the steps below by doing the following:

Apple menu > System Preferences and click NetworkClick Assist me, and then click Diagnostics. The Network Diagnostics utility will guide you through a series of questions and tests, ranging from checking your ethernet or Wi-Fi connection to network configuration and DNS servers.

To sum up the word jargon, the troubleshooter will see if there are any issues with your network configuration. Please let me know what happens!

Monterey Network Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.