Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up Apple TV remote on my phone

My Apple TV physical remote doesn’t work. How do I set it up on my phone as I can’t navigate to the settings to enter the pairing code?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 3:47 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The Apple TV (4th generation or later) should be straight-forward to pair with, as described, if both devices are already on the same home network.

The Apple TV (3rd generation) needs a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), your options are:

The Apple TV (2nd generation) is not compatible with the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (2nd generation), your option is:

My Apple TV physical remote doesn’t work.

That may be fixable. Verify the battery. How to replace the battery in your Apple Remote - Apple Support

Then pair or link it again. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2021 3:47 AM in response to srinii

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The Apple TV (4th generation or later) should be straight-forward to pair with, as described, if both devices are already on the same home network.

The Apple TV (3rd generation) needs a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), your options are:

The Apple TV (2nd generation) is not compatible with the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (2nd generation), your option is:

My Apple TV physical remote doesn’t work.

That may be fixable. Verify the battery. How to replace the battery in your Apple Remote - Apple Support

Then pair or link it again. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

Setting up Apple TV remote on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.