You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I disable the ‘Hide my Email’ functionality on iPad and iPhone?

Can I disable the ‘Hide my Email’ functionality on iPad and iPhone? I mean totally disable, not just how to add or delete random email addresses. I use my email address regularly as a sign-on for web sites and have always been able to select my email address from the bar above the keyboard as soon as I click on an ‘enter email’ box. Saves a lot of typing. I can’t find anything in iCloud settings to help - the ‘Hide my email’ option only leads me to a screen where I can add a random email address, nothing else. Thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 9:37 AM

3 replies

Dec 13, 2021 9:58 AM in response to ryane77

Thank you so much for your help. I hadn’t used the Hide my Email option on anything at all prior to this - didn’t even know it was available! I have updated the Autofill options in Safari and all seems to be fine now. I’m still unclear how this happened, since I hadn’t changed anything apart from applying the latest OS update - however, maybe there was something in that that reset the auto fill functionality back to zero. Again, thanks for helping me sort this out

Dec 13, 2021 8:53 AM in response to chriss64

Hi chriss64,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We see you have a question about Hide My Email, and you can here from the resource titled What is Hide My Email? We'd like to see how we can help out with this.

To double-check, it sounds like you want to disable this function because you're not seeing the autocomplete options when you're entering your email address on websites, correct? Did you set up "Hide my Email" on any of those websites before?

It might be helpful to start here if that's the case: Automatically fill in your information on Safari on iPhone

Let us know!

Best wishes.

Can I disable the ‘Hide my Email’ functionality on iPad and iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.