Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud error "File couldn't be uploaded. try uploading the file again later"

Does anyone know if Apple has a fix for the uploading to iCloud error yet?

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 8:51 AM

Hey there VBFCOG,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having an issue with iCloud and are receiving an error message. We're happy to help.

Are you using Safari to upload to iCloud with? Take a look here: Web-only access to iCloud

Has your device been restarted since this started happening? A simple restart can help if you've not already tried this step.

Our support page here may help as well: iCloud Support

Those links should help. Let us know if you have any questions.

If you continue to experience an issue, contact our Apple Support team here for further assistance: Contact Apple Support

Take care!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 8:51 AM in response to VBFCOG

Hey there VBFCOG,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having an issue with iCloud and are receiving an error message. We're happy to help.

Are you using Safari to upload to iCloud with? Take a look here: Web-only access to iCloud

Has your device been restarted since this started happening? A simple restart can help if you've not already tried this step.

Our support page here may help as well: iCloud Support

Those links should help. Let us know if you have any questions.

If you continue to experience an issue, contact our Apple Support team here for further assistance: Contact Apple Support

Take care!

Dec 21, 2021 8:30 AM in response to Bigguy58

I have a huge thread on this on another thread somewhere. I have been working with Apple for over a month or two to fix. I did everything they asked and during debug troubleshooting the problem it was very obvious. I work in IT, so I shared with Apple what needs to be fixed.

Their answer? - They came back asking for even MORE information. And of course lay people cant ever speak to an Engineer. Gawd forbid one of them is permitted to chat with us lowly people.

I am done with Apple. Tech support (engineering) must now be staffed with all novice people. The troubleshooting at Apple seems non-existent.

I told them the issue. We cant fix it, Apple must. It's like they dont care.

Even a brand new Apple ID also cannot upload to iCloud. So it's not YOUR account or anything regarding YOUR appleID.

There are several other cloud providers out there to pick from so maybe just get an account somewhere else.

I was told yesterday that Apple is NO LONGER accepting any tickets on this issue as they are aware of it with NO ETA.

Again, NO ETA for a fix.

Shame on Apple. A great company once.....not so anymore.

iCloud error "File couldn't be uploaded. try uploading the file again later"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.