Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t updated photos onto AppleTV

Photos from my library don’t update on my AppleTV. There is one set from when I first set up my AppleTV, but it never updates

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 5:26 AM

You don’t need to turn home sharing off and on, you just need to go back into settings and select home sharing again for the screensaver so it can cache a new batch of photos. The screensaver isn’t going to update on its own and it needs access to the computer to access home sharing, so it will require that to flush and sync a new batch.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 5:26 AM in response to Stevecaplan1

You don’t need to turn home sharing off and on, you just need to go back into settings and select home sharing again for the screensaver so it can cache a new batch of photos. The screensaver isn’t going to update on its own and it needs access to the computer to access home sharing, so it will require that to flush and sync a new batch.

Dec 13, 2021 10:24 AM in response to Stevecaplan1

It's dependent on what you want to use. Home Sharing would be using your local library from your computer (which would need to remain on in order to access the content while it syncs over), while Photos would be accessing your iCloud library.

You can only select an album for a screensaver, and it's only going to sync a certain amount (typically a few hundred). It will remain until you select the option again so it can be flushed sync a new batch. If you want to view more photos then you can manually start a slideshow.

Can’t updated photos onto AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.