Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get a cloud song OUT of my songs list?

So just setting up my iphone 6. PLEASE ONLY GIVE HELP IF YOU KNOW ABOUT IPHONE SIX NOT 12 or anything else. (Sorry been already going around in endless circles.)

So... I moved about a dozen of MY songs onto my phone easy enough.

WHY is there ONE song I don't know, never heard of, and do not want, with the cloud icon stuck in the mix?

There is no delete to be found. No three dots.

If I click the cloud it starts trying to download this. I stopped.

Found several sites with long winded instructions to go into settings, music, and of course instructions call for me to click something I DO NOT EVEN HAVE SHOWING UP ON MY PHONE.

Then... AH HAAAAA. Found instructions to click the unwanted song, click and hold. FINALLY a menu with a trash can appeared. (And why this has to be something I have to search google to find how to do is beyond all logic.)

BUT WAIT!!!!!! It's not one random thing....

AFTER my dozen or so test songs is a whole long list of cloud crap. Do I really have to click and hold on each one? WHY AND HOW did that even show up? And what do I need to TURN OFF to get that to stop and never pull up cloud crap again? EVER? I had set my phone to remember my app store log in. Maybe I should take that out?

I WANT NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH ANY CLOUD SERVICE OF ANY KIND THANK YOU!

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 2:06 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 13, 2021 10:24 AM in response to ArtmakersWorlds

Hello ArtmakersWorlds,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We see no one has responded to your post yet. To assist the community in replying, you might consider providing more information about what you’re experiencing. Including the following details in your post may be helpful:

• How did you originally move songs to your iPhone?
  • Does anyone else in your family have access to your Apple ID, computer, or music library?
  • Are you an Apple Music subscriber?
  • Do you sync music with any other devices (i.e. iPad, Mac, PC, etc.)?

The more information you provide, the better chance the community will be able to offer some additional guidance.

Have a great day!

How to get a cloud song OUT of my songs list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.