Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage and content

Recently I have broken my phone and got it repaired and without backing up my photos or content I took my sim out and used another I phone for the time being. When I got my phone back from repair my contacts and photos were still there and everything was fine however I when I put my sim back into my phone the photos I took on the other iPhone I was using replaced my ones on my original phone how can I get the original photos back? Also my contacts are fine!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 6:33 AM

Photos are not stored on the SIM card, nor are contacts.

Your photos from the original device are likely irrecoverable. But, if you sync with iCloud.com, you may want to check your Recently Deleted album to see if anything is there.

You should always back up your device before repairing (and frankly, back up much more frequently), especially if you have data that is important to you on the device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 6:33 AM in response to h3nnag

Photos are not stored on the SIM card, nor are contacts.

Your photos from the original device are likely irrecoverable. But, if you sync with iCloud.com, you may want to check your Recently Deleted album to see if anything is there.

You should always back up your device before repairing (and frankly, back up much more frequently), especially if you have data that is important to you on the device.

Storage and content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.