Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently replaced my phone and inserted my original SIM card to this phone and I my photos are gone but my contacts saved .

Is there a way I can get my photos back ??

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 1:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 1:33 AM

If it is not in the Recently Deleted Album then either you have deleted them 30 days earlier or have never deleted any.

Please check the following

1. If you have restored your iPhone with a backup which does not contain the Photos that you are looking for then please look for correct backup on your PC/Mac --> Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ...
  2. If you have restored from iCloud backup, then note the following
    1. iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.
    2. *-If you had turned on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 
  3. Probably you may have un-synced photos with Mac / PC, sync them again
    1. For PC: --> Sync photos in iTunes on PC with devices - Apple Support
    2. For Mac --> Sync photos between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple ...
  4. Have you ever imported your photos to Mac/PC and used Delete after Import --? Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...
  5. Do you have a backup (iTunes) --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup ...
  6. Have you ever uploaded them to any Cloud Drives Cloud Drives (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox, Flickr, box, Amazon Drive, Adobe Creative Cloud etc.?)
  7. At last but not the least, check the Apple ID that you have signed into your device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2021 1:33 AM in response to 03jbandzz

If it is not in the Recently Deleted Album then either you have deleted them 30 days earlier or have never deleted any.

Please check the following

1. If you have restored your iPhone with a backup which does not contain the Photos that you are looking for then please look for correct backup on your PC/Mac --> Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ...
  2. If you have restored from iCloud backup, then note the following
    1. iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.
    2. *-If you had turned on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 
  3. Probably you may have un-synced photos with Mac / PC, sync them again
    1. For PC: --> Sync photos in iTunes on PC with devices - Apple Support
    2. For Mac --> Sync photos between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple ...
  4. Have you ever imported your photos to Mac/PC and used Delete after Import --? Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...
  5. Do you have a backup (iTunes) --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup ...
  6. Have you ever uploaded them to any Cloud Drives Cloud Drives (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox, Flickr, box, Amazon Drive, Adobe Creative Cloud etc.?)
  7. At last but not the least, check the Apple ID that you have signed into your device.

I recently replaced my phone and inserted my original SIM card to this phone and I my photos are gone but my contacts saved .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.