Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the "options" on calendar pop-up notifications?

I am running Big Sur on a MacBook Pro and the "newfangled" responses for pop-up reminders drive me nuts! When I create an alert for a calendar entry that reminds me 1 week before something is due, the pop-up notification no longer has any other options than "snooze" (=5 min!), or snooze up to 1 hour. That's ridiculous - it used to be (Catalina) that one could choose 1 hour, 1 day, or "until date of reminder" (or until 5 min. before reminder etc.). Is there any way to revert back to the much better functionality we had before?

And while I'm at it, why can I no longer change the time zone of an entry in "calendar"? Is there a hidden trick?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 7:19 AM

Is there any way to revert back to the much better functionality we had before?

Short of reverting back to the OS you had before, no.

And while I'm at it, why can I no longer change the time zone of an entry in "calendar"? Is there a hidden trick?

I can choose from the created time zone and the time zone I have chosen in the top of the Calendar.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 7:19 AM in response to Sebastian Kuhn

I can choose from the created time zone and the time zone I have chosen in the top of the Calendar.

Dec 13, 2021 9:10 AM in response to Barney-15E

Barney-15E wrote:

Too bad. It's pretty unbelievable how the Mac OS team is continuously dumbing down the interface...

nd while I'm at it, why can I no longer change the time zone of an entry in "calendar"? Is there a hidden trick?

Thanks for the hint - the trick really IS hidden; one has to enable "time zone support" in the "advanced" preferences of Calendar - something that was always available in the past (see above).

How do I change the "options" on calendar pop-up notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.