Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

waterproof mode on Apple iWatch 6

i was in my boat with waterproof set on my watch. When I finished paddling the battery was dead, and when I recharged my watch, waterproof was no longer on. My question is, does that mean if I’m swimming or whatever and battery drains I will lose waterproof protection?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 5:07 PM

The Water Mode just turns off the touch screen and buttons so that you do not accidentally "Butt Dial" or other embarrassing things due to water splashing on the screen or your swimming motions accidentally pressing buttons.

Water Mode does not add any extra physical water protection. It is always water resistant in and out of Water mode.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 5:07 PM in response to conduit3

The Water Mode just turns off the touch screen and buttons so that you do not accidentally "Butt Dial" or other embarrassing things due to water splashing on the screen or your swimming motions accidentally pressing buttons.

Water Mode does not add any extra physical water protection. It is always water resistant in and out of Water mode.

waterproof mode on Apple iWatch 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.