You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

old imessage photos not loading

When I look at the see all photos section in a conversation, not all the photos are there?

I have scrolled up to where the photos are but it’s just saying tap to download and I can’t press anything else? (attached how it looks)

I’ve tried everything on google such as signing in and out of Apple ID, reset network settings, checking MMS etc but nothing is working!!

Please can someone help!!

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 7:55 AM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2021 7:43 AM in response to jazzamine

Welcome Jazzamine,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't download or save photos that have been shared with you through the Messages app. We'll do our best to assist with this.

All of these photos should appear when you select on the contact name at the top of the conversation and scroll down. You should be able to save them from within this page. However, it sounds like you aren't seeing all of the content shared.

With that in mind, try opening up the Photos app > 'For You' tab at the bottom. Then scroll down to 'Shared with You'. This folder should have content shared with you from the Messages app. Do you see all of these photos there? See more here: Use Shared with You on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If not, when you go to Settings > Messages, how long are you saving messages? This should be under 'Message History' and 'Keep Messages'. If it's selected on a specific timeframe like 30 days or 1 year, could they have been removed due to this setting?

Hoping to hear back, take care.

old imessage photos not loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.