Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2018 MacBook Pro with Pink Bars On-Screen

Like many on here, I have a similar issue regarding pink bars appearing on my screen. Turns out this is a severed display cable, and is currently under an Apple repair program for devices bought from March 2016-February 2018. I bought my device in July 2018 and it has the same issue. I think it’s a shame and unfair that I have to pay for a design flaw that has clearly impacted several people. Chatting with the Genius Bar staff, it seems that this issue is all too common. Hoping Apple increases their parameters for the warranty, as this will be my second display fix in 3 years.

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 1:31 PM

michael_p11 wrote:

Like many on here, I have a similar issue regarding pink bars appearing on my screen. Turns out this is a severed display cable, and is currently under an Apple repair program for devices bought from March 2016-February 2018. I bought my device in July 2018 and it has the same issue. I think it’s a shame and unfair that I have to pay for a design flaw that has clearly impacted several people. Chatting with the Genius Bar staff, it seems that this issue is all too common. Hoping Apple increases their parameters for the warranty, as this will be my second display fix in 3 years.

you can submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 1:31 PM in response to michael_p11

michael_p11 wrote:

you can submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

2018 MacBook Pro with Pink Bars On-Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.