Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left AirPod stopped working

One day I was just sitting with both my AirPods in. My left AirPod started to feel hot so I took it out of my ear to let it cool down. When I put it back in it didn’t work. I tried charging but the light would just flash on and off and the airpod would overheat again. What is this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 8:31 PM

Neens_7 Said:

"Left AirPod stopped working: One day I was just sitting with both my AirPods in. My left AirPod started to feel hot so I took it out of my ear to let it cool down. When I put it back in it didn’t work. I tried charging but the light would just flash on and off and the airpod would overheat again. What is this?"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Power:

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 8:31 PM in response to Neens_7

Neens_7 Said:

"Left AirPod stopped working: One day I was just sitting with both my AirPods in. My left AirPod started to feel hot so I took it out of my ear to let it cool down. When I put it back in it didn’t work. I tried charging but the light would just flash on and off and the airpod would overheat again. What is this?"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Power:

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

Left AirPod stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.