Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods 2nd Gen overheating?

I accidentally left my airpods in the center console of my car which was parked outside for a few hours (it was around 95 degrees). When I came back I realized I made a mistake and I immediately took them out and they were pretty hot. The case was at the same percentage as I left it but the airpods themselves were at 0% each. I let the A/C run in my car for a while and to my surprise the left airpod actually started working again and it was at 100% but the right airpod won’t work or even show up on my phone when I try putting it in my ear. I don’t really know what that means, I imagined if there was heat damage that it would affect both airpods equally because they were in the same spot. What should I do about the airpod that isn’t working?

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 1:34 PM

Hello param00,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are encountering some issues with your AirPods. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, do you know if the AirPods charge when they are placed back into the case? Take a look at charging your AirPods and the different ways of checking the battery life in the following article:

Charge your AirPods and learn about battery life

If they continue to experience issues, try resetting them and try to pair them again:

Reset your AirPods

We hope this information helps.

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 1:34 PM in response to param00

Hello param00,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are encountering some issues with your AirPods. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, do you know if the AirPods charge when they are placed back into the case? Take a look at charging your AirPods and the different ways of checking the battery life in the following article:

Charge your AirPods and learn about battery life

If they continue to experience issues, try resetting them and try to pair them again:

Reset your AirPods

We hope this information helps.

Best Regards.

AirPods 2nd Gen overheating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.