Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Presto 9.35 wont seem to operate with MAC OS CATALINA 10.15. WHY?

I got a Brother DS-720D portable scanner that operates with Presto Scan 9.35 software but when I try to open the software on my Mac Pro it says that the software manufacturer needs to update the software to work with Mac OS Catalina 10.15. Any suggestions other than returning the scanner. It seem absurd to sell a scanner with software that doesn't work on current Mac OS

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 4:08 PM

maxwell76 wrote:

I got a Brother DS-720D portable scanner that operates with Presto Scan 9.35 software but when I try to open the software on my Mac Pro it says that the software manufacturer needs to update the software to work with Mac OS Catalina 10.15. Any suggestions other than returning the scanner. It seem absurd to sell a scanner with software that doesn't work on current Mac OS

Mojave was the last macOS to run 32-bit apps. Catalina will not...

With the release of macOS 10.15 Catalina, applications will have to be 64-bit. App developers will issue updated apps if they want their apps to work on this newest macOS upgrade

32-bit app compatibility with macOS... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 4:08 PM in response to maxwell76

maxwell76 wrote:

Mojave was the last macOS to run 32-bit apps. Catalina will not...

With the release of macOS 10.15 Catalina, applications will have to be 64-bit. App developers will issue updated apps if they want their apps to work on this newest macOS upgrade

32-bit app compatibility with macOS... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

Presto 9.35 wont seem to operate with MAC OS CATALINA 10.15. WHY?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.