Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scanner on new HP ENVY 7855 no longer works on my Mac

My new scanner was working fine until today. Now I get a message that Control Center needs to be updated. Developer needs to update it to work with this version of macOS (which I upgraded to: Catalina)? My HP ENVY. Photo 7855 was working perfectly. How do I fix this problem?

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 6:44 PM

The HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer is an AirPrint-enabled printer. No manufacturer-provided software or drivers are necessary. Apple recommends that you do not install any software that came with the device or from the manufacturer's website.

If you did, remove that software, and then add the printer to Printers & Scanners again as AirPrint-enabled device. The existing device entry can and should then be removed and the affected files deleted.

You do not require any non-Apple software to scan documents: Scan images or documents using your Mac - Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2020 6:44 PM in response to Queenie37

The HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer is an AirPrint-enabled printer. No manufacturer-provided software or drivers are necessary. Apple recommends that you do not install any software that came with the device or from the manufacturer's website.

If you did, remove that software, and then add the printer to Printers & Scanners again as AirPrint-enabled device. The existing device entry can and should then be removed and the affected files deleted.

You do not require any non-Apple software to scan documents: Scan images or documents using your Mac - Apple Support.

Dec 5, 2020 7:03 PM in response to Queenie37

Have your HP device powered, and networked before you visit System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel. Right-click on the printer icon if present, and select Reset printing system… to go through the process of removing and then re-adding the device with the AirPrint driver. Once you have done that, there should be something on the Printers & Scanners panel when this device is selected that gives access to its scanning functionality. If not, then Image Capture may be your alternative choice.

scanner on new HP ENVY 7855 no longer works on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.