Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FUJITSU Scan Snap S1300I will not work with Mac OS Catalina

Has anyone had issues updating this scanner with Mac OS Catalina?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 12:39 PM

9 replies

Oct 28, 2019 1:36 PM in response to angieatch1

Yes. But I have the SS S1500. I contacted Fujitsu and they informed me that they will not be providing an updated software release for this model. They did, however, offer to sell me the SS ix1500 "premium bundle with a $200 credit for a total of $395 + tax!!! Suggested I give my perfectly good S1500 to someone who has an OS that supports it! I am currently shopping for a new (NOT Fujitsu) duplex scanner. They have lost this loyal customer.

Oct 28, 2019 1:56 PM in response to 22Kahele

Yeah, I agree, 22Kahele. It was bad enough that I had to buy an expensive new scanner when the old one was working just fine. Now this. At least Fujitsu's chat help person was intelligent and straightforward, unlike Apple's ridiculously abysmal "help" people who don't even know which end is up. After reading articles about this, I think I somewhat understand some of the whys; but what I don't understand is why Apple bundled mail, time machine, messages, etc. together in an access package. It's easy to see why our privacy is always so compromised. I can't get a true understanding of what Fujitsu is actually able to access, and the time I'm spending trying to figure this out is work stoppage time, which I cannot afford right now.

Nov 5, 2019 4:28 AM in response to angieatch1

I'm having problems too. To begin with, when I opened the scanner to start a scan, I would get a message saying that ScanSnap Home could not use the scanner and I should make sure that the ScanSnap is not being used by another user or app or use another USB port.

I got round this problem by opening ScanSnap Home before opening the scanner but it does seem to be a hit and mis approach. Sometimes I have to restart the Mac to be able to run a scan. My ScanSnap S1300i is a recent purchase to replace my old Canon scanner which does not have 64 bit apps.

FUJITSU Scan Snap S1300I will not work with Mac OS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.