Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not using Maps in Apple Watch Series 3 with OS watch 8.1(19R570)

Dear Sir or Madam,

I've been using Apple Watch Series 3 (OS Watch 7) for 2 years. I really like using Maps on the apple watch. It's very useful for me when I ride a motorbike. My apple watch will show the route real-view (like when using maps from the phone, the position is following the route I was taking, with quick glance I know when to turn and how far, instead of the turn-by-turn list navigation.

Recently. I update my apple watch up to OS watch 8.1, the Maps can not use

For example:

This is a picture shows my location by Blue circle

When I move, the blue circle follows me but the Map does not automatically change following the blue circle so I can not determine the next direction like before (OS watch 7).

BTW, the distance always display "0 meters" when chosen the turn-by-turn list mode

For more information:

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS is 15.1

Apple Watch OS 8.1

Please give me advice on these issues! Thanks

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 9:25 PM

Hello Cat0612!

Have you tried to hard reset your Apple Watch?

If hard resetting do not work, I suggest you do an iCloud backup for your Apple Watch. After backing up your Apple Watch, do a factory reset. You can install all your data to the watch from the iCloud backup you have made.

2 replies

Can not using Maps in Apple Watch Series 3 with OS watch 8.1(19R570)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.