Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Identity Verification for Apple Pay

I have never had to verify my identity before to send money through apple pay. They prompt me to scan my Dl front and back and I do so. However, the verification failed. What am I supposed to do next?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 11:19 PM

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having some trouble completing Identity Verification to continue using Apple Cash.

Identity Verification is normal, and everyone who uses Apple Cash has to complete it at least once.

When submitting your ID, make sure it meets the verification requirements:

• Name, address, and birthday match what is on file for your Apple ID account
  • ID is not a paper copy
  • ID is not expired
  • No P.O Boxes are being entered for your address

Identity verification for Apple Card or Apple Cash

If the above has been met, confirm that you meet the minimum requirements for an Apple Cash account:

• 18 years old for standalone accounts.
  • You live in the United States, and your Language/Region within Settings > General is set to the US.

If you are unable to complete Identity Verification, and see an alert that ‘Sending and Receiving with Apple Cash has been Restricted’, contact Apple Support.

If your Apple Cash account is restricted or locked

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 11:19 PM in response to jessi555

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having some trouble completing Identity Verification to continue using Apple Cash.

Identity Verification is normal, and everyone who uses Apple Cash has to complete it at least once.

When submitting your ID, make sure it meets the verification requirements:

• Name, address, and birthday match what is on file for your Apple ID account
  • ID is not a paper copy
  • ID is not expired
  • No P.O Boxes are being entered for your address

Identity verification for Apple Card or Apple Cash

If the above has been met, confirm that you meet the minimum requirements for an Apple Cash account:

• 18 years old for standalone accounts.
  • You live in the United States, and your Language/Region within Settings > General is set to the US.

If you are unable to complete Identity Verification, and see an alert that ‘Sending and Receiving with Apple Cash has been Restricted’, contact Apple Support.

If your Apple Cash account is restricted or locked

Hope this helps.

Identity Verification for Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.