Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi connected but no internet (macbook pro)

Hi, I have a mac book pro 2012 running on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7.

Everything was working perfectly, but since 4 weeks to now, the Wifi is acting insanely weird. (It looks like something instantly blocks the internet connection everytime I turn the computer on)

The wifi shows connected, there is Data flow of download and upload but nothing works on the internet, basically the operational system is blocking.

I tried EVERYTHING, literally!!!

I’ve reseted my Network settings, setted up a new User, reseted my NVRAM, reseted MacOS (works fine just after I reset, but as soon as I reboot it, bang! nothing that needs internet works), I’ve reconnected and connected the Wifi thousands of times, I changed the Wifi network, I did everything but absolutely nothing works. I even reached out apple support 5 times and no one seems to be able to help me, there is no reason why this is happening.

Also if I turn on the laptop on Safe Boot mode, the internet works perfect, which eliminates the possibility of being hardware.

I did everything, please someone help me. I bought this laptop more than a year ago and everything always worked perfectly fine, I need internet to work!!!

I have no VPN services, no Cleanes, optimizers. Anything

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 2:40 AM

Hi,

Following document could help your issue.

If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation if your nearest retail AppleStore is open or find nearest opened Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 2:40 AM in response to renan37

Hi,

Following document could help your issue.

If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation if your nearest retail AppleStore is open or find nearest opened Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Wifi connected but no internet (macbook pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.