You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore a song I accidentally deleted from my music library

I accidentally deleted a song from my library instead of a playlist. How do I restore it? It was part of an album I purchased, not a single song, if that matters. It doesn’t even show in iTunes anymore as purchased to re-download it. It shows as purchased from the album if I search that way but doesn’t allow me to download it again, just says “purchased”and when I click it, nothing happens. Thanks!

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 6:10 AM

3 replies

Dec 15, 2021 7:15 AM in response to SouxieSoux

Hey SouxieSoux,

It appears you are trying to download a song you purchase before from the iTunes Store. We know you mentioned that you tried some steps to try to redownload a song. Did you follow the exact steps below?

"Redownload music in the iTunes Store app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the iTunes Store app.
    • On your iPhone or iPod touch: At the bottom of your screen, tap More , then tap Purchased. 
    • On your iPad: Tap Purchased.
  1. Tap Music. If you use Family Sharing, tap a family member’s name to see music that they purchased.
  2. Find the music that you want to redownload, then tap it.
  3. Tap the download button  next to a song or album.

Don't see the music that you purchased?"

The steps are from this article: Redownload music - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps.

Best wishes.

Dec 19, 2021 5:16 AM in response to SouxieSoux

SouxieSoux,

Thank you for letting us know and those helpful screenshots. You can also make sure your device is fully updated to see if that might help:

If you've followed all those steps, including the steps from the following article, you can contact Apple Support for further assistance: If there's an issue when you redownload apps, movies, or other content from Apple - Apple Support You can use the following link here to reach out: Contact Apple Support

Take care.

How do I restore a song I accidentally deleted from my music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.