Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get music from my iMac music library to my iPhone 12 max and iPad pro? I see no way to sync. My phone has a different connection that my 2014 iMac doesn't have.

How do I get new music from iMac to my iPhone and iPad music libraries? It is unacceptable that I can only access music I purchase from iTunes store as I have a lot of music I import from CDs. I have looked to see if it is in iCloud but I see no music at all backed up there. Is there a way to get all your music backed up in the cloud?

I now this sounds like a lot but I have three important Apple products here and they should all cooperate without difficulty.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 9:52 AM

Thank you so much for getting right back to me.

I didn't know how to get it to connect. I will look for the USB-A-USB-C connector. It seems like to me I used to be able to go into settings and sync without having to do a direct connection. If so, I sure wish they left that option. Getting new adaptors every time a buy an Apple product is not fun.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 9:52 AM in response to Chermc

Thank you so much for getting right back to me.

I didn't know how to get it to connect. I will look for the USB-A-USB-C connector. It seems like to me I used to be able to go into settings and sync without having to do a direct connection. If so, I sure wish they left that option. Getting new adaptors every time a buy an Apple product is not fun.

Dec 14, 2021 9:59 AM in response to Chermc

You can establish a Wi-Fi sync too. https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/wi-fi-syncing-mchlada1d602/mac

And make it automatic: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/turn-automatic-syncing-on-or-off-on-mac-mchlda9a4a0e/12.0/mac/12.0

If memory serves, getting a new device may require an initial sync while connected.

The dongle is pretty handy. I use a pretty simple one from insignia to connect a few legacy devices.

How do I get music from my iMac music library to my iPhone 12 max and iPad pro? I see no way to sync. My phone has a different connection that my 2014 iMac doesn't have.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.