Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Easy to install router

I need a new router that’s easy and Mac friendly to buy and install. Two of us are average users, not gamers. All our products are Apple. My current 20 yr. old Linksys needs retiring. 3 yrs ago I bought a Netgear Nighthawk. I couldn’t install it then and can’t install it now.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 3:50 PM

The router admin is not the same admin as your computer. I suggest you go to your router manufacturer's web page and seek support. They likely have a user community there similar to this Apple community but focused on your router model.

6 replies

Dec 14, 2021 2:27 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Yes I know. Creating my own passwords were not a problem. I thought I changed the admin password to my own but in login it still said admin and I couldn’t erase it using the Netgear app. 5 times going thru this exercise was no help. I’ve watched several YouTube videos about installation, all used pc’s. I have all Apple products. I’ve even performed 3 factory resets. I’m missing something—just don’t know what it is. I was about to call tech support but I just ordered a new Linksys in frustration instead.

Easy to install router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.