Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need advice on purchasing a new compatible Router

I just bought the new 27 inch iMac & Love it!

I had been using my 2011 15 inch MackBook Pro

along with my Time Capsule but TC is running pretty

slow so I want to get a new router that will work with

all of our devices. I've always used Airports & now I'm Lost

to what I should get.

2020 iMac-Catalina, 2011 MacBook Pro-High Sierra, 2020 iPhone 11 Pro Max,

2020 iPad Pro 12.9, iPhone 6s Plus, along with a couple of older Windows computers,

ChromeBook & Android Phone.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Retha

iMac 27″, 10.15

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 9:16 AM

That's a little difficult to suggest since a lot of ISPs have certain demands (the router must be compatible with the modem) - I have one issued by my ISP. So you may want to start by asking your ISP what models they support - most modem nowadays have a router already built in. If they don't care, I'd start researching online for a "Mac compatible router" and make sure it is compatible with your modem.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 9:16 AM in response to rethafromvegas

That's a little difficult to suggest since a lot of ISPs have certain demands (the router must be compatible with the modem) - I have one issued by my ISP. So you may want to start by asking your ISP what models they support - most modem nowadays have a router already built in. If they don't care, I'd start researching online for a "Mac compatible router" and make sure it is compatible with your modem.

Need advice on purchasing a new compatible Router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.