Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No playlist editing without a subscription?

Hallo

I can't find a way to add music from my library to a playlist in the music app.

I have seen that it works with a subscription of Apple Music, but I did not need Apple Music.

Over the years I bought the music from iTunes (nearly 5000 songs, 250 movies, 100 TV Shows), why should I pay for it again now, or having my MacMini running to use my playlist, is not exactly environmentally friendly.

What is also not nice, by the way, is that if you don't have a subscription, or don't want to, you can't hide apple music.

Perhaps a programmer will read it and fix this problem, or simply hide the playlist function. then nobody miss this function.

Have a nice day

greetings from Germany

Rolf

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 2:05 PM

6 replies

Dec 14, 2021 2:55 PM in response to GoodOldPsycho

Correct, as you now subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you can create a playlist as the playlist has somewhere to sync to to be created. You cannot create a playlist by using home sharing (if you don't subscribe to iTunes Match or Apple Music you connect your music through home sharing as it is not in the cloud).

No playlist editing without a subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.