Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent .pages files missing after upgrade to Monterey

I just upgraded my Macbook Air (2015) to Monterey. The Pages app is there, opens and works, some old .pages docs are there, but recent ones (over last few months) are missing. I've searched the whole computer. Any way to retrieve them?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 5:34 AM

It is always a good idea to have a current Time Machine backup available so you can recover lost files from the past.

If you have enabled the Documents category in System Preferences > Spotlight > Search Results panel, then you may be able to find past Pages documents by launching a new Finder window. In its search field, enter the following which, if they exist, will find Pages documents created since the first of 2021:

kind:pages created:>01/01/2021
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2021 5:34 AM in response to Community User

It is always a good idea to have a current Time Machine backup available so you can recover lost files from the past.

If you have enabled the Documents category in System Preferences > Spotlight > Search Results panel, then you may be able to find past Pages documents by launching a new Finder window. In its search field, enter the following which, if they exist, will find Pages documents created since the first of 2021:

kind:pages created:>01/01/2021

Recent .pages files missing after upgrade to Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.