Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages and Numbers for Catalina

I installed a new hard drive and used the migration tool. All is well, except Pages and Numbers don't work. I've gone to the App Store, and found them in my history. I click the 'Open' button, and nothing happens. My machine is 6 mos too old to upgrade to Big Sur. Any ideas on how to get a compatible version of Pages and Numbers?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 8:27 AM

Launch the Mac App Store in Catalina and sign in with the same Apple ID that you used previously to install Pages and Numbers. Press cmd+0 (zero) to bring up your Purchased panel. Pages and Numbers should both have a blue cloud outline with a down-arrow adjacent to them. Click that cloud icon. You should be greated with a dialog offering to install the last compatible version of Pages and Numbers (v11.1) for Catalina.

This should replace the incorrect versions of these applications currently in your /Applications folder. If it fails for some reason, move the current Pages and Numbers to your Trash and empty it. Repeat the first paragraph.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2022 8:27 AM in response to chris0959

Launch the Mac App Store in Catalina and sign in with the same Apple ID that you used previously to install Pages and Numbers. Press cmd+0 (zero) to bring up your Purchased panel. Pages and Numbers should both have a blue cloud outline with a down-arrow adjacent to them. Click that cloud icon. You should be greated with a dialog offering to install the last compatible version of Pages and Numbers (v11.1) for Catalina.

This should replace the incorrect versions of these applications currently in your /Applications folder. If it fails for some reason, move the current Pages and Numbers to your Trash and empty it. Repeat the first paragraph.

Pages and Numbers for Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.