Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Komplete Kontrol to Logic

Hi, out of the my KKS49 keeps disconnecting and wanting to reconnect to Logic.

Once this window pops up, literally no buttons are able to be pressed and the window can't be closed. Have to restart Logic and it does it all over agin.

Sometimes it takes a minute to do it again - sometimes five minutes.

Have trashed Control Surface Prefs, Restarted both computer and logic, changed USB cables to keyboard, and disconnected and reconnected keyboard, also checked Native Access to make sure running latest firmware.

Nada.

Running latest versions of OSX and Logic.

Please help - totally broken setup right now.

Cheers :)

iMac Pro, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 12:54 PM

I had tried this as per my OP but I managed to fix it yesterday.

Here's what I did

Trashed:

com.apple.logic.pro.cs

and

com.native-instruments.Komplete Kontrol.plist

Turned Off KK S-Series

Restarted Logic

Added KK S-Series manually in Control Surface Setup

The problem hasn't returned - not sure of what combination or individual of these steps worked but I can say that trashing the kk prefs was the only thing I hadn't tried so maybe it was just that - not sure.

Thanks for the response.

Kind regards,

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 12:54 PM in response to BenB

I had tried this as per my OP but I managed to fix it yesterday.

Here's what I did

Trashed:

com.apple.logic.pro.cs

and

com.native-instruments.Komplete Kontrol.plist

Turned Off KK S-Series

Restarted Logic

Added KK S-Series manually in Control Surface Setup

The problem hasn't returned - not sure of what combination or individual of these steps worked but I can say that trashing the kk prefs was the only thing I hadn't tried so maybe it was just that - not sure.

Thanks for the response.

Kind regards,

Jan 22, 2022 11:59 PM in response to craigsbrain

Window means the same thing as your photo. I call it a window. The button La for the second octave emits a continuous sound when pressed and several buttons stop sounding altogether. BUT there is BUT. I switched to Ableton Live 11 and all the problems disappeared and the keyboard performance stabilized. If you only knew how tired it all is. I want to be creative. Write music tracks. BUT, why should I also be a programmer?

Jan 23, 2022 12:30 AM in response to craigsbrain

This note is for the second octave.

I've been testing the Ableton Live for the second day and there are no problems. Could this be a solution to the issue? A?

Why manufacturers can not agree among themselves before offering something to the buyer? It's a pity. BUT we live in a world of lies and deceit. Everyone looks into our pocket. I'm tired. OK. I'll go have a cup of coffee and think.

Thank you

Jan 23, 2022 4:48 AM in response to HissN

Noon lies or deceit, just technology, and creating digital music uses very complex technology. You have to learn it, deal with it, or simply don't get involved with digital music.

I use NI software and hardware and have never had issues. But, I'm also a retied IT engineer. Technology is complex and not always clear when issues arise. It has nothing to do with anyone's honestly.

Jan 23, 2022 7:54 AM in response to BenB

Thanks for the answer.

Don't talk nonsense. It is not difficult to create music, in any style, of course, if you have talent and a natural gift.

Just when you are told that you should also know and be able to do this and + this and + this .......... Tell me?

Do you agree to play the piano on which the keys constantly and not arbitrarily fall out?

And the manufacturer of the piano tells you in response , - You must also be a good carpenter and repair your own piano.

For me it is!

If the manufacturer says that my Komplete Kontrol S is compatible with LogicProX , then it is compatible and works 100%. So, don't talk nonsense.

Jan 23, 2022 2:05 PM in response to BenB

I tend to agree with you both - a piano must be tuned, a drum must be mic’d, - with digital music, glitches, bugs, and workarounds are simply part of the daily grind - however….

some software is better than others…

As for Native Instruments, I would give the software a 6/10 when it comes to stability and intuitiveness.

I use it because it is massive value for money but when it comes to design, it is quite poor - take a look at Arturia if you want to see good stable design.

I do find it a bit hard to believe that you’ve never run into a single bug or glitch or workaround with NI.

Jan 23, 2022 10:52 PM in response to BenB

Thanks for the helpful advice. I have already looked at what you suggested to look at and found many necessary explanations of my problems. I'll try to use it in the future. BUT ! BUT ! These problems kill psychologically and you need to spend time on something that you do not need. I write music tracks and voice short films. And here I have to understand and know the development of algorithms and ways of digital communications. That's bullshit. Tell? For example: I bought a car, the seller in the store thanked me and warned me, - If you, Mr., want to move on this car, you are from point A to point B, you must be a mechanic and know the device of the car. Philisophia and simple thoughts. I say thank you for the information.

Best regards Nick Hiss

Jan 24, 2022 6:20 AM in response to HissN

BUT ! BUT ! These problems kill psychologically

Your example is an exaggeration, Nick. You don't have to be a mechanic to drive a car, but you still have to get to know the car that you own and the basics of its operation and day-to-day maintenance.

Right now, speaking figuratively, of course, you're pretty much complaining that the windshield of your car is dirty, but you don't know how to switch on the vipers, so you can't drive and that kills your vibe. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it. Cheers!

Connecting Komplete Kontrol to Logic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.