Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually sync AFTER match has expired

Match was worst thing I ever did to my library. What a MESS. I am not well versed. I just want a clean slate on my Pro max11 so I can start over. Is there a way? New apple ID maybe along with a new library? I am so frustrated with Itunes. I feel like they have way too much control over our pre ITUNE days purchases that some of us spent thousands of hours uploading. I would be so grateful for any help. Thank you in advance

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 11:39 AM

You need to turn off Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library in both your computer and device. When you're signed into your Apple ID you will see any unhidden past purchases that are not already downloaded to your computer as being in the cloud. You can select and download these to get local copies, or hide any items that you no longer want. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support.

You can use File > Library > Add to Library to import any media in your media folder that, for whatever reason, is no longer listed in the library. You should be able to download new purchases when you make them as long as there is room on your hard drive. In general any changes you make to metadata in your library will stick, but occasionally iTunes may fetch the original data from the store for purchases and show this instead of any custom details you've set. If you find this happens hide the item from your purchase history to stop that happening again.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2021 11:39 AM in response to shiggins17

You need to turn off Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library in both your computer and device. When you're signed into your Apple ID you will see any unhidden past purchases that are not already downloaded to your computer as being in the cloud. You can select and download these to get local copies, or hide any items that you no longer want. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support.

You can use File > Library > Add to Library to import any media in your media folder that, for whatever reason, is no longer listed in the library. You should be able to download new purchases when you make them as long as there is room on your hard drive. In general any changes you make to metadata in your library will stick, but occasionally iTunes may fetch the original data from the store for purchases and show this instead of any custom details you've set. If you find this happens hide the item from your purchase history to stop that happening again.

tt2

Dec 15, 2021 9:29 AM in response to turingtest2

There is no off switch. But I did sign out so what does that do for future purchases? I don’t feel like that is the answer. Here’s what I want to do, I want to upload my library from my files on my hard drives. After that I want to be able to download music when I purchase it. And I don’t want the existing iCloud library to interfere because all it does is mess everything up

Manually sync AFTER match has expired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.