Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur Dock Problem

I recently switched to a different MacBook air running Big Sur. On previous versions the dock would appear when you moved your cursor to the bottom of the screen (location of dock) when you were in a maximized application, such as safari. But it does not seem to work on Big Sur. Is there anyway to change this? I know automatically show and hide dock exists but I don't like that fact that the dock is also hidden on the home desktop (desktop you first see when you login).

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 9:17 PM

Hi LumicXd,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Re: But it does not seem to work on Big Sur. Is there anyway to change this?

Try clicking on the Black apple icon aon the left in the top Menu bar,

and choosing "System Preferences.

Now you can click on"Doc and Menu Bar" in the small window that opens,.

You can turn on and off various features, including "Automatically Hide and Show Dock".

Re: I don't like that fact that the dock is also hidden on the home desktop (desktop you first see when you login).

Guess the only option here would be to turn off "Automatically Hide and Show Dock" before you logout.

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 9:17 PM in response to LumicXd

Hi LumicXd,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Re: But it does not seem to work on Big Sur. Is there anyway to change this?

Try clicking on the Black apple icon aon the left in the top Menu bar,

and choosing "System Preferences.

Now you can click on"Doc and Menu Bar" in the small window that opens,.

You can turn on and off various features, including "Automatically Hide and Show Dock".

Re: I don't like that fact that the dock is also hidden on the home desktop (desktop you first see when you login).

Guess the only option here would be to turn off "Automatically Hide and Show Dock" before you logout.

All the best :-)

Big Sur Dock Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.