Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi connectivity

For some reason my brand new MacBook Pro loses it's connection to the also new wifi equipment. Another issue is in addition to losing internet connection, I'm receiving this message:

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 6:19 PM

judifromlafayette Said:

"wifi connectivity: No it is not full. Not even close to being full. 58 gb used, 435gb open"

-------

Thank you for the followup. Refer to the following...

Troubleshooting Mac Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

V. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2021 6:19 PM in response to judifromlafayette

judifromlafayette Said:

"wifi connectivity: No it is not full. Not even close to being full. 58 gb used, 435gb open"

-------

Thank you for the followup. Refer to the following...

Troubleshooting Mac Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

V. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

Dec 16, 2021 2:18 PM in response to judifromlafayette

There's another thread for people with M1 Macs and wi-fi issues.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252564061

It's a drag although things have settled down for me for the most part.

I wonder what kind of network setup you have. I have Orbi with 1 satellite. When things start misbehaving for me, it's because the "closer to me" 5 Ghz network disappears from the list (I use the Wifi Explorer app - not free but I love it - to monitor) and then the laptop tries to connect to the other 5 Ghz network that's far away, rather than the 2.4 Ghz network that is nice and close. So my wifi indicator animates as though it's searching for a network ...

Meanwhile, if the original 5 Ghz network reappears, my laptop attaches to it and I am off to the races.

What network setup to you have in your house?

Dec 14, 2021 10:26 PM in response to judifromlafayette

judifromlafayette Said:

"wifi connectivity: For some reason my brand new MacBook Pro loses it's connection to the also new wifi equipment. Another issue is in addition to losing internet connection, I'm receiving this message:"

-------

"No space left on device":

Looking at the error, you can see that it reads "The operation couldn't be completed. No space left on device". So, what happens when you go in to Disk Utility? Is the hard drive full?

Use Disk Utility:

1. Hold Down: [command + spacebar]
  2. Type: Disk Utility
  3. Click: the last volume
  4. View: Available
  5. How much is shown?

Dec 15, 2021 7:06 PM in response to judifromlafayette

What jumps out at me right now is: NSPOSIXErrorDomain. And why on earth would this show up when Safari is opening a web page?

Edit: A brief internet search found this comment ... "The NSPOSIXErrorDomain:xxx error can be caused by one of two things – a third-party firewall or internet security program that is blocking internet access for some or all of the programs on your Mac." Does this ring a bell? Other searches suggest that host-side configuration problems could result in this error. Does this occur for any website, or one in particular?

I think you need to begin by telling us more: the model-number, year, etc. of the computer, where and how you bought it, exactly what is this "also brand-new wifi equipment." Are you ever able to open any web page? Exactly how and why do you conclude that it "loses its internet connection" ... does the wifi icon change on the toolbar? (What does it show when you click it?)

Basically, my "spidey sense" tells me that there's something else that is the actual root-cause of the very strange set of symptoms that you are presenting to us. Begin with details.

Dec 16, 2021 2:08 PM in response to Twelve Shades Publications

MacBookPro (16"-2021)

Apple M1Pro

16GB

Bought from Best Buy in October

New wifi equipment from my Cable TV, Internet company. Was having the same issue with previous wifi equipment (same internet service) and decided that there must be something wrong with that system. I receive that message occasionally and erratically and usually restarting my laptop will correct the problem. The wifi icon does not change on the toolbar and when I click on it it shows that I have internet service. If this is sounding confusing to you, imagine how I feel! Thank you for any help you can give me. By the way, I do not experience the same issue on my iPhone or iPad.

wifi connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.