Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s Ringtones

Is it possible to have a custom ringtone for a 5s. I have made a specific ringtone with the file ending in .aac I have subsequently changed the file extension to .m4r. The ringtone works perfectly well on my iPhone XR but I need to use it on my iPhone 5s. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 11:36 AM

You have custom to the correct format -> .m4r 👍

Try this: open File Explorer and iTunes.

Connect the iPhone 5S to the PC, set Autp-Lock iPhone to Never.

File Explorer -> Music -> iTunes -> My Ringtones -> right click on a ringtone -> copy.

In iTunes -> Devices -> iPhone 5S -> click ➛ to open iPhone folder -> Ringtone -> Paste.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2021 11:36 AM in response to Mark3807054

You have custom to the correct format -> .m4r 👍

Try this: open File Explorer and iTunes.

Connect the iPhone 5S to the PC, set Autp-Lock iPhone to Never.

File Explorer -> Music -> iTunes -> My Ringtones -> right click on a ringtone -> copy.

In iTunes -> Devices -> iPhone 5S -> click ➛ to open iPhone folder -> Ringtone -> Paste.

Iphone 5s Ringtones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.