Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I found it tricky to add categories for my personal budget under transactions. Adding them under main page is simple but they don’t show when I’m registering transactions

Adding categories under Transactions in my budget. How do I do this? I’ve added them under the main budget categories but they don’t show under transactions sheet

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 1:21 AM

4 replies

Dec 15, 2021 3:38 AM in response to stian160

You also have to add the categories to the cells formatted as Pop-Up Menu in column C of the Transactions table on the second sheet.

On the Mac you do that here:

Click cell C2 and navigate to the Cell tab in the panel at the right. Use the + to add categories. They must be spelled exactly the same as what you used in column A of the Summary by Category table.

Once you've got the menu you want in C2, with C2 still selected type command-c to copy then select all the body cells in that column and type command-v to paste. They will then all contain the revised Pop-Up Menu.

SG

I found it tricky to add categories for my personal budget under transactions. Adding them under main page is simple but they don’t show when I’m registering transactions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.