Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Country and Will I lose all my music, apps and subscriptions?

How can I switch from having a Canadian Itunes account and not lose all my music, apps, subscriptions?

I tried this in 2017 and lost all my music.

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 10:29 AM

You cannot.

You must cancel all subscriptions before changing countries as they are country specific. Then activate them again in the other country and with a payment method for the new country.

Apple Music subscription based tracks are tied to the subscription, and will be deleted when you cancel it to change regions.

Apps downloaded to your device will continue to work, but for anything not downloaded if they are not available in the new country you will not be able to download them.

See here for details about changing countries: link-> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2021 10:29 AM in response to luv1pocket

You cannot.

You must cancel all subscriptions before changing countries as they are country specific. Then activate them again in the other country and with a payment method for the new country.

Apple Music subscription based tracks are tied to the subscription, and will be deleted when you cancel it to change regions.

Apps downloaded to your device will continue to work, but for anything not downloaded if they are not available in the new country you will not be able to download them.

See here for details about changing countries: link-> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Changing Country and Will I lose all my music, apps and subscriptions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.