Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple Mail to access AOL account

Why is my AOL email not accessible even though my login info works fine on the web?

As far as I can see, all my settings are Okay. Device is a first-generation iPhone SE.

It had been working for years with no problem.

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 1:52 PM

AOL has changed the requirement and require additional work. See this information.

Yahoo Mail, in common with many other Mail providers (such as AOL, Google and Microsoft) has switched to using App Specific Passwords when using anything other than their own email client Apps. Your recent software update has triggered an account settings update.

If you need to generate an App Specific Password, you’ll need to log-in to your Mail Providers account management webpage - using a web browser - and generate the Password from the appropriate account security page.

More information about AOL’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in?guccounter=1

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2021 1:52 PM in response to novali

AOL has changed the requirement and require additional work. See this information.

Yahoo Mail, in common with many other Mail providers (such as AOL, Google and Microsoft) has switched to using App Specific Passwords when using anything other than their own email client Apps. Your recent software update has triggered an account settings update.

If you need to generate an App Specific Password, you’ll need to log-in to your Mail Providers account management webpage - using a web browser - and generate the Password from the appropriate account security page.

More information about AOL’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in?guccounter=1

Using Apple Mail to access AOL account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.