Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Related Article: Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it ok that the new iPhone I am transferring to goes dark? Is the transfer still in progress even though the screen has shut off? Is the message “Setting up your Apple ID....” what I am supposed to see during the entire transfer process?

Is it ok that the new iPhone I am transferring to goes dark? Is the transfer still in progress even though the screen has shut off? Is the message “Setting up your Apple ID....” what I am supposed to see during the entire transfer process? Or did the process of transferring get stuck here?

iPhone 13

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 1:41 PM

2 replies

Jan 1, 2022 7:18 PM in response to BlackLabPilot

I have this same problem in that my attempt to transfer my old iPhone to my new iPhone 13 is stuck in the "Setting Up Apple ID" mode and NOT transferring anything? Why has Apple NOT provided an answer to this question or a solution to what appears to be a common problem. I may be seeking a refund and going to Android because Apple is going down hill on service and their software updates are a disaster. Just tried to upgrade software on my newer MacBook and had to go to the Apple store when the download process hung up and I lost all content! Really frustrating to deal with Apple anymore! :(

Is it ok that the new iPhone I am transferring to goes dark? Is the transfer still in progress even though the screen has shut off? Is the message “Setting up your Apple ID....” what I am supposed to see during the entire transfer process?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.