Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is junk mail included with Mail Inboxes after Big Sur?

On my laptop which is still on Catalina, the combined 'Inboxes' section of Apple Mail only shows inboxes of the various accounts I have enabled. The unread badge also only counts unread mail from inboxes. The other mailboxes like Junk, Trash, Notes etc can be accessed by scrolling down and unfolding the corresponding mail account section.

On my iMac which is on Big Sur, the 'Inboxes' section of Apple Mail now includes all the other mailboxes and the unread messages in any mailbox including Junk/Spam/Trash are counted in the unread badge for that inbox. This negates any benefit of having a combined Inbox section and makes me believe I have a bunch of unread mail, when's its just Junk.

Is there any way to have mail all nice and neat and tidy and sensible like it was in Catalina?

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 3:54 AM

Seems one have some Mail Rules that are functioning as the User Rule intends and identifies a Junk Message and automatically moves it the Junk Folder.

One would need to further redefine that Rule to add functions to Mark the Junk As Read

Similar questions

3 replies

Why is junk mail included with Mail Inboxes after Big Sur?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.