Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone never had a plan but had a sim in the phone how do I unlock the carrier to switch the SIM card to a new one with service

My iPhone never had service but had a sim card in the phone. how do I unlock the carrier to switch the SIM card to a new one with service

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 4:55 PM

Only the carrier the phone is locked to can unlock it.

As a rule, they will not do so unless you are a current or former customer in good standing. Some have requirements for how long you have to have service with them before they will unlock it. Some require the device to be active on their network, some charge a fee to unlock, and some will not unlock at all.

Contact the carrier it's locked to and find out if you meet their requirements for unlocking.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2021 4:55 PM in response to 5468g

Only the carrier the phone is locked to can unlock it.

As a rule, they will not do so unless you are a current or former customer in good standing. Some have requirements for how long you have to have service with them before they will unlock it. Some require the device to be active on their network, some charge a fee to unlock, and some will not unlock at all.

Contact the carrier it's locked to and find out if you meet their requirements for unlocking.

My iPhone never had a plan but had a sim in the phone how do I unlock the carrier to switch the SIM card to a new one with service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.