Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fix an iPhone that keeps asking for Apple ID password

My Iphone always keep asking for your Apple ID and password?  My iPhone 12 asking over Apple ID password over and over and over again

[Email Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 6:11 PM

6 replies

Dec 21, 2021 4:32 PM in response to ilovemystapler123

thank you for the quick reply :) it prompts no matter where you are in the phone - its actually really hard to get anywhere in the phone to do anything, let alone a reset. The prompt that pops up says, "Sign in to iCloud. Enter the password for your Apple Id."

After the correct password is entered & hit OK, the next prompt says, "Verification Failed - An unknown Error has occured."

With the option to Cancel or Try Again. Either one, will bring back the first prompt. And it's over & over again, without pause. I have done a couple hard resets, and at first it looked promising, but 5 minutes later, the prompts started back-up again. I was going to try this article next to see if anything happens, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

but this may not be the route to take either..... idk

Dec 21, 2021 7:37 PM in response to kb1951

Thanks for the details. Have you tried signing in on multiple networks, preferably both Wi-Fi and cellular data?

You’re probably already up to date on iOS but i would recommend verifying.

Also, it’s taking your password which is great. But I’d be curious if you get any alert when signing into appleid.com that could indicate a (non-password) related account issue. A restore or even reset would likely resolve it but is awfully invasive.

Hopefully another network takes care of it! 🤞🏻

fix an iPhone that keeps asking for Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.