Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone notifications issue for text message

I have been chasing this issue for a few days now and I have a clue. I have found if I receive an text notification at my Icould.com address sounds and banners work fine. If I receive a text addressed to my tmobile phone number I receive zero notification but if I open the text app I see that the message arrived.

I assume this is a sms issue since Imessage works fine.

I am using a iphone SE gen II with IOS 15.2 installed.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 7:00 PM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2021 2:42 PM in response to JohnnyVol

Hello JohnnyVol,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Great job isolating the issue to your SMS messages only. Did this issue just appear after the iOS 15.2 update? Have you tried any troubleshooting options, like restarting or force restarting the Messages app and your iPhone?

Restart your iPhone

Force restart your iPhone

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

If you haven't done so yet, try disabling Notifications for Messages, then quit the Messages app, and force restart your iPhone. Once booted back up and you have re-enabled Notifications for Messages, test your device and see if the issue continues. If it does, you'll want to make Apple Support aware of this issue by contacting them directly at Get Support.

Best regards.

Dec 16, 2021 3:26 PM in response to Missy5937

Thanks for those suggestions. I have tried most of those. I did manage to get through to phone support and was bumped up to level two where we went over everything a second time. The level two support individual said my best chance was to go to settings/general/reset and choose reset all settings on my phone. After resetting my phone is took overnight for my text messages to start behaving. I didn't take too long to reset things like my router password back to where they need to be. 

Long story short......doing a reset is a hassle but I won't hesitate again.

I have had problems with this issue for a while so its my guess it wasn't the result of upgrading to IOS15.

Good luck

Iphone notifications issue for text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.