Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received message saying my phone was being hacked

I was directed to add a app to protect it but I have not done this, what should I do

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 10:56 PM

clyde63 Said:

"Received message saying my phone was being hacked: I was directed to add a app to protect it but I have not done this, what should I do"

-------

It is a Scam:

What you are reporting is a scam. So, report it to Apple and modify your credentials...

Do as I've Instructed here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

Did you Interact with it?

If you did not interact with the messages, then you can ignore it. If you did (i.e. Provide personal info), then you may need to take thinks a step further.

Modifying your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2021 10:56 PM in response to clyde63

clyde63 Said:

"Received message saying my phone was being hacked: I was directed to add a app to protect it but I have not done this, what should I do"

-------

It is a Scam:

What you are reporting is a scam. So, report it to Apple and modify your credentials...

Do as I've Instructed here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

Did you Interact with it?

If you did not interact with the messages, then you can ignore it. If you did (i.e. Provide personal info), then you may need to take thinks a step further.

Modifying your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

Received message saying my phone was being hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.