Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone findable after power off

I knew that in the iOS 15 update I would get the “iPhone findable after power off” feature. I have an iPhone 13 pro and I tried everything possible to enable this feature. I turned on find my network, I enabled location sharing and location services and even then, I couldn’t see the message “iPhone findable after power off” under the “slide to power off” button. One day randomly I received this notification after I updated my phone to iOS 15.2. Now my friends with iphone 11s and iphone 12s are asking me the steps to enable this feature and I am clueless. Can someone guide me on this?

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 11:20 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Community!

If you hold down the power button and the volume up button, you'll see it say "iPhone Findable after Power off"

I do believe that this feature is automatically enabled.

Even if the device has a low battery, it can still be discovered if it is close to another Apple device. Your device can be located using the Find My Network for up to 24 hours after the device has been turned off.

Use Find my to locate your lost or stolen phone; https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210515

Hope this helps ;)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2021 11:20 PM in response to SaiGiridhar

Welcome to Apple Support Community!

If you hold down the power button and the volume up button, you'll see it say "iPhone Findable after Power off"

I do believe that this feature is automatically enabled.

Even if the device has a low battery, it can still be discovered if it is close to another Apple device. Your device can be located using the Find My Network for up to 24 hours after the device has been turned off.

Use Find my to locate your lost or stolen phone; https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210515

Hope this helps ;)

iPhone findable after power off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.