Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring Music from MacBook Pro to iPad Air

From my MacBook Pro (2020), can I put songs from the Music App into iCloud, and then use them on my MacBook Air 2?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 12:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 4:04 AM

I'm assuming you mean "iPad Air 2" because that's what the title says. If you have an Apple Music (or iTunes Match) subscription, all the music in the Music app on you Mac will automatically appear in the Music app on your iPad.

To enable this on your Mac:

1. Click Music > Preferences
  2. Check the box for "Sync Library"

To enable this on your iPad :

1. Go to Settings > Music
  2. Toggle the switch for "Sync Library"

If you don't have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, you will have to manually sync the music on your Mac to your iPad. If you don't want to (or are too lazy to) do this, you can just put the files in iCloud Drive, and they will be accessible on your iPad. However, they won't appear in the Music app. They will only be playable through the Files app.

Hope this helps.

Relevant Links: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music, Sync Music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad. iCloud user guide (for instructions on setting up and using iCloud Drive).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2021 4:04 AM in response to Oakleypub

I'm assuming you mean "iPad Air 2" because that's what the title says. If you have an Apple Music (or iTunes Match) subscription, all the music in the Music app on you Mac will automatically appear in the Music app on your iPad.

To enable this on your Mac:

1. Click Music > Preferences
  2. Check the box for "Sync Library"

To enable this on your iPad :

1. Go to Settings > Music
  2. Toggle the switch for "Sync Library"

If you don't have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, you will have to manually sync the music on your Mac to your iPad. If you don't want to (or are too lazy to) do this, you can just put the files in iCloud Drive, and they will be accessible on your iPad. However, they won't appear in the Music app. They will only be playable through the Files app.

Hope this helps.

Relevant Links: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music, Sync Music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad. iCloud user guide (for instructions on setting up and using iCloud Drive).

Transferring Music from MacBook Pro to iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.