Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory reset failed

Hello. Today i tried to factory reset my macbook pro 2016.

I delete SSD (erase) than clicked install mac os monterrey, than suddenly it stucks.... This hours is raising and raising please help.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 1:40 AM

Terminate install. First try the Cancel. If that does not work press and hold the Power button until it shuts down and startup and see what happens.

If still stuck then terminate and then boot to Recovery, use the Recovery Disk Utility and repair/First Aid the startup disk and reinstall macOS via Recovery.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2021 1:40 AM in response to gio158

Terminate install. First try the Cancel. If that does not work press and hold the Power button until it shuts down and startup and see what happens.

If still stuck then terminate and then boot to Recovery, use the Recovery Disk Utility and repair/First Aid the startup disk and reinstall macOS via Recovery.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Dec 16, 2021 4:45 AM in response to gio158

Was this method used from Apple >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

Was this method used from Apple >> How to reinstall macOS

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.
  • Allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart and show a progress bar several times, and the screen might be empty for minutes at a time.

Factory reset failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.