Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove the hide my mail option from Mail’s account selection dropdown menu

Hi everyone,

macOS Monterey 12.1 introduced this (arrow) option in Apple Mail:

Since I do not intend to use this I would like to remove this option from the dropdown menu. Have yet to find an option to do so and would happily edit a plist to get rid of this.

Any ideas?

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 7:37 AM

Ok, you mean the drop down menu that suggests email addresses to pick from. I've never seen anything like what you're wanting, all I've ever seen is a list of selectable addresses.

I'm using 12.1 but I have no memory of prior operating systems offering what you want; El Capitan to present.

9 replies

Dec 16, 2021 7:45 AM in response to ku4hx

Whoops, I accidentally clicked on Solved… 🙄 I remember all versions back to Mac OS 10.0 and it always showed all your accounts in order to select where to send from. But know it’s placing this hide my mail ad below the accounts which I do not like. Well, I’ll need to create another thread due to my Solved-clicking. Thanks anyways!

Dec 16, 2021 7:49 AM in response to Björn Herrmann

No problem, but it did confuse an old man for a moment.

I think you can continue this one. We both know what happened but I guess it would appear to be closed if "solved".

I don't think you're going to be able to do what you want. Apple has placed a priority on more privacy it seems and newer features don't appear to be optional other that what's obvious as in selectable check boxes.

Remove the hide my mail option from Mail’s account selection dropdown menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.